Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Taking reservation

Role Play


Reservation: Good morning, Reservation Dept. ……………………speaking, how
can I help you?

Guest: I would like to make a reservation for next weekend, do you have
rooms available?

Reservation: Let me check the availability. Firstly, what is your arrival date and how many nights would you like to stay with us?
Could I also have your family name please?

Guest: Yes my last name is Smith

Reservation: Thank you Mr Smith,
Guest: I will be arriving 4th Aug and departing on 6th of Aug. with my partner.

Res: Yes, we do have rooms available, special deluxe room with a view of garden or ocean for $370 per night, that also includes breakfast for two people in our restaurant.

Guest: Sound great, I will take the deluxe room with ocean view.

Res: Can I take some further details? What time will you be arriving at the hotel?

Guest: We will be there probably about 6 PM.

Res: Well, I would suggest making a guaranteed reservation.

Guest; What is a guaranteed reservation?

Res; Guaranteed reservation means, the hotel will hold your booking for a 24 hour period, but if you do not arrive or do not cancel properly we will charge you for one night’s accommodation. If you don’t guarantee the booking we will keep the booking until 6 PM and we will release the booking and sell to others.

Guest: Yes, I would. How can I do that?

Res How will you be paying your account?

Guest I will use visa card

Res Then all we need are your credit card details


Guest The number is……………………….and the expiry date:

Res Thank you, could I have your address and mobile phone number.

Guest The Address is …………………. The mobile number is ……..


Res: Thank you Mr Smith, I will reconfirm the detail of your booking. You have booked a deluxe room with ocean view arriving on …………… and departing on………… the room rate is …………per night.

Guest That’s right.

Res: Thank you for booking Mr. Smith, we look forward to seeing you on ………. Your reservation confirmation number is 23234.
If you change your plan, please use this confirmation number to assist you quickly.

Guest : Thank you for your help.

No comments: